About Jemison & Mendelsohn in Montgomery, AL
Obtained verdicts & settlements in excess over $100 Million
Jemison & Mendelsohn is known throughout Alabama for its experience in personal injury cases and its ability to help injured individuals and grieving families receive the compensation and closure they need after serious accidents.
After an accident has completely changed your life, we deliver legal results that help you make the fullest recovery possible. No legal settlement or lawsuit can change what has happened to you. It can, however, provide a sense of closure, as well as the financial foundation you need to start rebuilding.
Holding Responsible Parties Accountable For Serious Injuries
From the moment that an injured individual walks through our door, our Montgomery law firm strives to help ease the pain of this experience by making sure they understand that we have the experience and abilities needed to hold responsible parties accountable. We seek maximum damages, knowing how much our clients need this money to cover medical bills, wages they've lost while unable to work and the financial burden of recovering.
Other law firms and attorneys throughout Alabama and in other states trust our abilities and often refer clients to us, confident that we will get results. We often represent individuals driving through the state, particularly those involved in accidents on I-65, acting as local representation, even if they live elsewhere.
Throughout the case, we remain highly accessible, providing answers and information as clients need them to make the best decisions possible for their own case. We treat every client like family, providing the representation we would expect a law firm to give our own loved ones.
Kenneth J. Mendelsohn
Kenny was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. He worked his way through college at Washington & Lee University in Virginia and then the University of Alabama School of law. After law school, he moved to Montgomery to serve as a law clerk for Federal Judge Truman Hobbs. In 1981, he took a job as an Assistant District Attorney where he prosecuted criminals until 1983. He then became a partner in one of Alabama's largest plaintiff-oriented firms and practiced as a plaintiff's attorney for nine years. In 1992, he and Mays Jemison formed Jemison & Mendelsohn. Kenny' primary focus through his more than 30 years of practice has been representing victims of negligent drivers, including truck drivers and drunk drivers. He also represents "whistleblowers" and was instrumental the case of United States v. Infosys which resulted in the largest settlement of an immigration violation in the history of the United States. Kenny is a frequent public speaker and a published author on all aspects of litigation. Kenny and his wife Tracey have two sons and a daughter.
Year Joined Firm: 1992
Areas of Practice:
- • 95% Car and Truck Wrecks
- •5% Other Personal Injury Cases
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Alabama, 1980
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 1980
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama: J.D. - 1980
- Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia: B.S. - 1975. Major: Business Administration
- "Liquor Provider Liability", 43 Am Jur TRIALS 527
- "Preparing The 18-Wheel Truck Case From The Plaintiff's Perspective", Ala Trial Lawyers
- Association, Spring, 1994
- Preparing the Complaint & Discovery in a Truck Wreck, 2008
- Settlement of Car and Truck Wreck Case-Where to Settlement, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Interstate Trucking Litigation Group, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Beasley, Wilson Allen & Mendelsohn, Partner, 1983 - 1992
- Montgomery County District Attorney, Assistant District Attorney, 1981 - 1983
- Federal Judge Truman Hobbs, Clerk, 1980 - 1981
I would recommend this law firm to all my family members and friends. Attorney Kenneth Mendelsohn was very professional and explained all of my options. I can't not mention Ms. Ashley was pleasant during our many phone conversations. They made sure I was satisfied with the end result.
Limited Time Offer!
Free Initial Consultation
Jemison & Mendelsohn
1772 Platt Place
Montgomery, AL 36117334-523-8240
Restrictions May Apply
Offer Ends December 5, 2019
Your offer has been sent to your email.
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon:||8:30am - 5:00pm|
|Tue:||8:30am - 5:00pm|
|Wed:||8:30am - 5:00pm|
|Thu:||8:30am - 5:00pm|
|Fri:||8:30am - 12:00pm|
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Association for Justice